- Describe the origin, purpose, and features of HTML.
HTML stands for Hypertext Mark-up Language and it was created by Tim Berners-Lee using Standard Generalized mark-up Language (SGML).
The HTML is the official language of the World Wide Web and was first conceived in 1990. Its purpose is to set mark-up symbols or codes
placed in a file that is intended for display on a web page. The features of HTML is that can be also used to place media on a web page
and describe fill-ins forms and also HTML permits the platform-independent display of information across the network.
- Describe the software needed to create and test web page.
No special software is needed to create a web page document, all you need is a text editor.
For example in Microsoft Windows the Notepad text editor is included and in Mac TextEdit is distributed with the OS X operating system.
In class we use Notepad++ that is also a text editor and it is used in Microsoft Windows and in Mac will be TextWrangler.
It does not matter what text editor you have, the point is to have a solid foundation in HTML will be useful.
For testing you will need to test your web pages in the popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome.
- Describe the purpose of the head and body sections of a web page.
The head contains information that describes the web page document, this is the section where the title of the web page is.
The body section contains the tags, text, images, and other objects that are displayed by the browser as a web page, here is where all the
information is of the web page
- Describe the features of a heading element and how it configures the text.
It is organized into sex levels. The text contained in a heading element is called "block". The size of the text in the level one
is always the largest and the size of level six is the smallest, the text in the levels are always in bold font. This heading elements
makes pages more accessible and usable.
- Describe the difference between ordered lists and unordered lists
The order lists displays a numbering or lettering system to itemize the information contained in the list meanwhile in the unordered
lists displays a bullet or list marker before each entry in the list.
- Describe the purpose of the block quote element.
It is used to display a block of quoted text in a special way. It makes a big space to like add a quotation to a web page.
- Describe the purpose of special characters.
It is for example you need the sign of the copyright and it is a special character, another one is the quotation marks or
the greater-than and less-than signs.This spacial characters sometimes are called entity characters.
- Describe when to use an absolute link. Is the http protocol used in the href value?
It indicates the absolute location of a resource on the Web. It is useful to link resources on other websites.
The value for an absolute hyperlink to the home page of a website includes the http:// protocol and the domain name.
- Describe when to use a relative link. Is the http protocol used in the href value?
it is used to link to web pages within your site. The value for a relative hyperlink does not begin with the http:// and
does not include a domain name.
- What is the URL of the website?
- Is the tutorial generated toward the beginner level, intermediate level, or both levels?
- Would you recommend this site to others? Why or why not?
I would highly recommend it because it explains everything and it would be helpful for the people that does not know about HTLM5 or
tries to learn more about it.
- List one or two concepts that you learned from this tutorial
I learned that a server is a computer where you store a Web site, usually rented from a hosting service and also that the doctype
the HTML that generates a page.