- Describe the origin,purpose and features of HTML
- HTML comes from the web, HTML is intended for display on a web page. The markup symbols and codes are ment for
structural elements as well describe fill-in forms. HTML's have elements or tags usually enclosed by <>.
- Describe the software needed to create and test web pages
- No special software is needed, just a text editor. Test web pages using popular browsers.
- Describe the purpose of the head and body sections of a web page.
- Headings describe the document and bodies provide the information for the page.
- Describe the features of a heading element and how it configures the text
- The heading size can range anywhere from h1 being the largest and h6 being the smallest. H2,3,4 and 5 range inbetween.
- Describe the difference between ordered lists and unordered lists.
- Ordered lists usually follow a number or letter system, unordered use bullet points or symbols.
- Describe the purpose of the blockquote element.
- Blockquote is used to indent the text from both sides.
- Describe the purpose of special characters.
- Special characters are made to show copyright and ownerships.
- Describe when to use an absolute link. Is the http protocol used in the href vale?
- Use when you need to link to resources on other webpages. Yes the http protocol is used.
- Describe when to use a relative link. Is the http protocol used in the href value?
- Relative links are used to link to web pages within a site. The http is not used.
- What is the URL of the website?
- HTML5 Tutorial
- Is the tutorial geared toward the beginner level, intermediate level, or both levels?
- The tutorial is geared for beginners.
- Would you reccommend this site to others? Why or why not?
- Yes, I would definitely recommend this site. It was very easy to understand and broke down every component.
- List one or two things you learned from this tutorial.
- I learned that WHATWG is also in charge of developing HTML5 as well as W3C. I also learned you can right click on
any site and click on View Page Source and you can see the make up of any website.