Chapter 5 Summary Questions
- 1. Which of the following would a consistent website design not have?
- Answer: C. A different background color on each page.
- 2. Which of the following are the three most common methods for organizing websites?
- Answer: B. Hierarchical, linear and random.
- 3. Which of the following is not a web design recommended practice?
- Answer: B. Colorful pages appeal to everyone.
- 4. Which of the following are the four principles of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines?
- Answer: B. Perceivable, operable, understandable and robust.
- 5. Which of the following is a sketch or blueprint of a web page that shows the structure
(but not the detailed design) of basic page elements?
- Answer: D. Wireframe.
- 6. Which of the following are influenced by the intended or target audience of a site?
- Answer: A. The amount of color used on the site.
- 7. Which of the following recommended design practices apply to a website that uses images
for its main site navigation?
- Answer: C. Both A and B. Provide alternative text for the images and place text links at the bottom
of the page.
- 8. Which of the following is known as white space?
- Answer: A. The empty screen area around blocks of text and images.
- 9. Which of the following should you do when creating text hyperlinks?
- Answer: B. Include the words "Click Here" in your text.
- 10. Which of the following is a color scheme that consists of two colors that are
opposite each other on the color wheel?
- Answer: B. Complementary.
- 11. The most common structure used for commercial websites is (blank) organization.
- Answer: Hierarchical.
- 12. All browsers and browser versions (blank) display web pages in exactly the same way.
- Answer: Do not.
- 13. The (blank) is a group whose mission is to create guidelines and standards for web accessibility.
- Answer: Web Accessibility Initiative.