- Tim Berners-Lee at CERN developed HTML using SGML.
HTML is meant for display on a webpage and is the set of markup symbols or codes that are placed in a file.
Paragraphs, headings, and lists are structural elements that are identified through the markup symbols and codes.
HTML can also place pictures, video, and audio on a webpage.
The actual browser explains the markup code and makes the page. HTML allows the platform-independent display of information across a particular network.
- The software to create and code web pages is not expensive.
Windows and Mac have a text editor application that is apart of the system.
You can also download free text editors and web browsers.
- The head element contains the head section.
It is housed in head and a closing head. The head section contains a title element and a meta element.
The body element has the body section. It starts with body and ends with a closing body.
The text that you type in this section will appear directly on your web page.
- Display headings and subheadings of documents are displayed under the heading element.
The size of the heading is organized through levels 1 through 6.
The text between the heading tags will be bond font and have a line break above and below them.
- Unordered lists contain a symbol or bullet before them on a web page.
They use the ul tag. Ordered lists have number in front of them. They use the ol tag.
- The blockquote element is used to format a long quote.
It indents a section of text on a web page.
The text is indented from the left and right margins.
There is also empty space above and below the text.
- Quotation marks, greater than, less than, and copyright symbols on a web page are displayed through special characters.
Special characters are recognized by the browser when the page is made.
- You should use an absolute link to display a web page document from a website that is not you own.
The http protocol is used in the href value.
- You would use a relative link to display a web page document from your own website.
The http protocol is not used in the href value.
- It is geared toward the beginner level.
- I would recommend this site to others because it explains everything well and it is very easy to understand.