How timeBanking/Lamoni Works
timeBanking/Lamoni uses time hours as a medium of exchange to create a circle of giving. One hour given in service to others equals one time hour earned. Members use time hours earned to receive services from others.
- People list the skills and experience which they can offer and those that they may need.
- Everyone's skills are valued equally - one hour always equals one time credit.
- Everyone agrees to both give and to receive help, to earn and to spend their time credits.
- A record is kept of all the time credits earned and spent.
- Everyone is encouraged to spend his/her time credits to allow others the chance to make a difference and feel needed.